Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Organic Natural Soap has a Multitude of Uses


Castile soap is a great product made of organic, vegetarian oils. Dr. Bromner’s includes water, organic coconut oil, organic olive oil, organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, citric acid, and tocopherol, or vitamin E (a fat soluble chemical). It’s highly concentrated, so a tiny bit goes a long way.

It can be used as hand soap, face soap, body soap and shampoo. You can wash your clothes with it, as well as your dishes and even your food. By adding some baking soda, you can create an effective soft scrubbing cleaning paste.


I like to squirt a little in my toilets and sprinkle some baking soda, then scrub. Since I use the peppermint scented castile soap, it leaves my bathrooms smelling so refreshing after I clean my sink, toilet and floor with it. (I clean my sink and floor with a squirt of castile soap diluted by a lot of water.)

Since I’ve started cleaning my bathrooms with castile soap, I’ve been able to let my son help me out. He sprinkles baking soda in the toilet while I squirt the soap in, then we take turns with the scrub brush. I LOVE the fact that my children can help me clean and it’s not dangerous. And I love not having to worry about them accidentally exposing themselves to toxic cleaners – I doubt they would swallow castile soap, but even if they ever did, I wouldn’t have to panic.

Castile soap also naturally eliminates pests: simply squirt a mixture of castile soap and water on plants to get rid of insects.

No comments: