New LiveSmart BC Rebate Program
If you have had a pre-retrofit energy assessment or a post-retrofit energy assessment prior to April 1, 2012, you may be able to re-enter the LiveSmart BC program for additional rebates for upgrades!
LiveSmart BC has partnered with BC Hydro and FortisBC to provide a new phase of subsidies for energy assessments and rebates for making energy efficient upgrades to British Columbia homes.
In this program, rebates for upgrades are available:
- For insulation and air sealing upgrades (not space or water heating systems or other upgrades). See grant chart for details.
- For homes that are heated primarily with electricity, natural gas or propane supplied by either BC Hydro or FortisBC. Electrically heated customers served by local municipal utilities within the service territories of BC Hydro or FortisBC (electric) are also eligible.
- Homes primarily heated by wood, oil, or other fuels at the time of the pre-retrofit energy assessment are not eligible. Homes heated primarily by natural gas or propane that is not supplied by FortisBC are not eligible. If you are in a home heated with oil, we encourage you to check out the FortisBC incentive for upgrading to an efficient gas heating system.
To access rebates, there are three simple steps:
- Complete a new pre-retrofit assessment ($300, as program re-entrants are not eligible for energy assessment subsidies)* by December 31, 2013.
- Complete eligible upgrades, and keep all receipts. Be sure to check the LiveSmart BC website to ensure that your upgrades meet all requirements of the program.
- Complete a post-retrofit assessment ($150)* before the March 31, 2014 deadline.
*Tax not included. Additional fees may also apply.
Call House Smart Home Improvements today to have one of our friendly professionals answer any of your questions. 604-585-2020
House Smart Home Improvements
Max. LiveSmart BC Rebate
Featured Local Government Incentives
- Campbell River $150 voucher for an energy assessment
- $3000 for solar hot water heating from Solar Colwood
- $500 for ductless split heat pumps from Solar Colwood
- Discounted energy assessments from Nelson ecoSave
More Energy Efficiency Incentives: Grants, Rebates, Discounts
- $150 Reduce Your Use Rebate for an initial energy assessment from FortisBC.
- $1000 from FortisBC for switching from oil to an efficient gas furnace or boiler
- $800 from FortisBC for upgrading a gas furnace or boiler
- $500 for upgrading to an efficient gas water heater from FortisBC
- $300 for an EnerChoice gas fireplace from FortisBC
- Up to $2,000 for low-income clients from BC Hydro ECAP
- Check out the Searchable Incentive Database for more